What is CTS
The Cutting Transportation System (CTS) enables you to take cuttings away from the well area during top-hole drilling on semisubmersible rigs, as well as during clean-up operations on the seabed.
It is based on proven technology used in the offshore market for more than a decade.
Using CTS technology has major impact on the viability of drilling operations, especially in environmentally sensitive areas.
What CTS Technology Can Do For You
- Ability to take cuttings 2km (1.2miles) away from the pump, a far greater distance than other systems on the market
- Modular design means easy installation
- Limited footprint required for installation
- Elimination of cuttings build-up on templates
- No supply vessel required
- Can be used in environmentally sensitive areas, opening up new drilling opportunities
- Pump technology enables the transportation of large-diameter drill cuttings
- Removes cuttings, cement, mud and clay deposits.
How CTS Works
The modular design of the CTS enables easy installation on most rig types. It is designed to run for long periods of time without maintenance and be able to pump large particles without blockages occurring. The pump was designed to run underwater with discharge occurring 2km (1.2 miles) away.
The benefits of using this system include cost savings to the operator by removing the need for a supply vessel, keeping templates cutting free - saving time when it comes to laying pipes and tying in umbilicals - and, of course, it can be used in environmentally sensitive areas as little or no footprint is created on the seabed.
Watch the CTS Technology Journey